· The Survey Party Chief may be required as a representative of the company, to make decisions concerning construction layout, modifications based on plan revisions and other survey related issues.
· Attend field meetings with clients, government officials, inspectors and other governing agencies
· Assist in the supervision and monitoring of the construction personnel with regard to plan clarification and problem solving
· Must be proficient in all aspects of highway construction survey
· May be required to make project decisions affecting the quality control of the survey data established for the project
· Must be capable of self supervision as may be required during the beginning phases of a project and throughout the project duration
· Must be well versed with field note reduction, in-depth plan interpretation and highway construction computations
· Must possess supervisory skills and a detailed working knowledge of standard field and office procedures
· Must possess knowledge of the principles of the profession and various technical standards
· Must be able to work independently as may be required during pre-construction investigations, construction and post construction surveys
· Must be proficient in the use of GPS, Robotic and Roadway CADD software.
· Must have working knowledge of how to operate, check, and perform basic field adjustments on rods, levels, tri-brachs, total stations, robotic total stations, data collectors, tripods, and GPS equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.