Construction equipment operators drive, maneuver, or control the heavy machinery used to construct roads, bridges, buildings, and other structures. A loader operator uses the front end loader to lift and transport bulk materials to and from storage or dumps and spreads material on site.
· Perform a basic equipment inspection to ensure that the functions properly
· Report malfunctions to supervisors
· Drive and maneuver equipment
· Coordinate action actions with crew members in response to hand or audio signals
· Load trucks
· Start engine, shifts gears, presses pedals and turns steering wheel to operate loader
· Moves levers to lower and tilt bucket
· Operates front end loader forward to force bucket into bulk material
· Moves levers to raise and tilt bucket when filled
· Moves levers to dump material
· Load dump trucks with construction material such as sand, stone and other construction material
· Ensure that safety standards are met
· Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
· Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
· Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
· All work is performed outdoors in all types of weather, including extreme heat. Job requires long hours of standing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, squatting and walking.
· Ability to lift 0 to 50 pounds occasionally for hand work.
· Maintain constant awareness of the jobsite’s various concurrent activities, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
· Continuous mental and visual attention required to complete tasks in efficient manner involving repetitive or diversified work requiring alertness of activity;
· Working conditions will consist of exposure to grease, noise, dust, and dirt of the construction project.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=5846b24b-45ff-45da-ba77-791ea52c1dc0&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=257780&lang=en_US&source=CC4 →